Springtime in Saint Louis is one of the times of year when you really, really want to be outside. It's gorgeous. We try to go camping at least twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Springtime for us was a little different this year.
School ends early for second-year students so that we have ample time to study for the USMLE Step 1 board exam ("the boards"). I had from May 4th till July 9th to study, take the test, and whatever was left over was vacation. Some people took the test right away and didn't agonize over studying a lot, but no... that's not my style. I have to make sure I've gone over everything twice... or three times... maybe four... I got some great encouragement from our neighbors though... (sound it out...)
We didn't skip out on camping because of my studies though. We went camping and did a canoe float trip down the Meramec River. It was awesome! Part of the awesomeness was due to our playing late-night Dominion (no it's no Magic cards even though it looks like it). I love the game, Holly not so much even though she's pretty good. We went with two families from our ward.
Besides camping we did manage to do a few other cool things. Holly's longtime roommate and good friend, Aubri, got married in San Diego, California. Holly got to fly out for it and met her mom there.
All in all, we had a great Spring and were really looking forward to spending summer with family. I was looking forward to getting past Step 1 and on to the start of 3rd year. The quote is from Lord of the Rings: Two Towers which Holly and I recently watched again. Treebeard sees the destruction Saruman has wrought upon the land, and finally decides to lead the Ents against Isengard. Great movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment