Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My!...

Yes the title this time was somewhat a cop-out, but I'm sure you'll hear less creative sometime in the future. First of all, our new lawn is finished! It looks really great compared to what it used to look like. We are having to water a lot, but hopefully out efforts will yield strong, healthy grass next year. We really want it to drop deep roots before winter comes. Also, we have really enjoyed the wonderful colors now that it's actually starting to get cold.





We had fun last weekend with a little trip to the St. Louis Zoo with our neighbors. We only went for a couple hours because that's how long Boo at the Zoo Tick-or-Treating for the kids lasted. We saw a few animals (obviously bears and penguins were included). We will most definitely return to scope out the rest. As a raw percentage, we probably only saw 5%. This zoo is the 3rd largest in the country. Also this was the first time I have been to a zoo and have not heard of one of the animals. The bear pictured here is a sloth bear. It has long shaggy fur and long claws like a tree sloth, but is nonetheless a bear. Quite interesting.





We also are very happy with a new piece of furniture: a great multi-use bookshelf and early Christmas present. Took a little while to put together but really looks nice.






And last but not least, I was (unfortunately) the only one who wanted to dress up this Halloween, so I catered to my already well-developed physique and became the Man of Steel. Fortunately, Holly always dresses well and passed off as a great Lois Lane without trying. Cheers to Holls!



2 comments:

  1. Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!!! is from that extremely scary movie wizard of OZ. :o) that's to funny we had the same line in our blogs. Great minds think alike. hahahahaha. Was that a halloween costume? You so ruined it for me, I thought you really were Clark Kent. But what! Your really Superman instead. WOW, How lucky is Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Cute, Cute! I'm glad you finally blogged again (no more getting after me)! I'm glad you guys are getting settled and enjoying what St. Louis has to offer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete