Sunday, December 12, 2010

I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with Snow... What is Christmas with no snow?

Well, we officially got our first snow of the season. There were a few flurries on Thanksgiving Day but not enough to stick or cause much of a ruckus. This weekend, however, we got the legit, 100% white water crystals all over the ground. According to my iPhone, today's high was 22 with a low of 7. The current outside temperature is 15 degree Fahrenheit. The big issue here is typically the ice and wind. We only got 3-4 inches of snow which isn't too bad. Combine branches loaded with ice and strong wind, and you've got a problem. We had a small branch fall off our tree in the backyard probably due to this heavy ice, strong wind phenomenon. This afternoon we had a fun time watching our squirrels still run around the yard and chase each other. The weekend is now over, and now I have to face the fact that I have finals staring me in the face on Thursday. Time to buckle down and do some work.



3 comments:

  1. Come to TX!!! It is suppose to be in the 70's for most of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heading, is it from White Christmas? I'm glad to see you guys are finally getting some Christmas weather. We got dumped on saturday. 5 inches. but then tuesday it hit 50 degrees and rained and most of it is gone. BUT they say it is suppose to snow this weekend. I'm praying for a white Christmas. Can't wait to see you guys on Monday. WOOOOOO!HOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our snow is mostly melted since we have had rain. Now, heading south to warmer climes. Yes! I love our traditional Christmas movie classics. I'm impressed you remembered the snow song. We'll try to watch some on the road and at Grandma Joyce's house. Have a great holiday!! Love yous two. Mom/Beth

    ReplyDelete